[Potentially relevant for those working on the eastern shores of the Indian Ocean]
As part of its mission to promote intra- and inter-Asian research, the Asia Center offers two postdoctoral fellowships.
The Asia Center Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to recent Ph.D. graduates who engage seriously with at least two Asian countries. In the case of Southeast Asia, research may be on a single country, although preference will be given to applicants with comparative or cross-border projects.
The Victor and William Fung Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to recent Ph.D. graduates who engage seriously with at least two Asian countries with the requirement that their research includes a component dealing with Greater China.
Applicants may apply to one or both fellowships using the same application.
1. Each fellowship will cover a 10-month period, beginning September 1, 2018, with a stipend of $60,000, health insurance coverage for the grantee, and up to $5,000 in research/travel funds.
2. Postdoctoral fellows will be provided shared office space, a Harvard email address, and access to the libraries and resources of Harvard University.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS:
Residence in the Cambridge/Boston area and regular participation in Asia Center activities are required during the appointment. Postdoctoral fellows will be expected to give a presentation in the Asia Center Seminar Series.
Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree in 2013 or later, in any area of the humanities, social sciences, or related fields with serious engagement with at least two Asian countries. In the case of Southeast Asia, research may be single-country, although preference will be given to applicants with comparative or cross-border projects.
Fellowship recipients must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. degree by July 1, 2018.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include citizenship, current and permanent addresses, telephone number(s), email address; academic degrees with dates of conferral, discipline and institution, as well as languages.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (up to two pages): What do you plan to do at each stage of your research during the fellowship? What particular resources do you intend to use at each stage? What are the advantages of doing your postdoctoral fellowship at Harvard; who among the Harvard faculty do you plan to seek out while in residence?
- Dissertation Abstract
- Dissertation Table of Contents
- List of Publications
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Application Deadline: Friday, January 12, 2018
For more details https://asiacenter.harvard.edu/postdoctoral-fellowships
Decisions made by early March 2018.